Repair Your Smile with Restorative Dentistry
The field of restorative dentistry is focused on repairing decayed, fractured, or otherwise damaged teeth. At our Bloomington, IL, practice, Drs. David D. Wyse and Jay W. Chrisman provide the latest restorative dentistry procedures in-office, including dental implant restoration, custom dental crowns, inlays and onlays, and root canal therapy. Our dental practice has been serving families in our community for nearly 100 years. We can help you design a personalized treatment plan to address your unique oral health needs.
Why See a Restorative Dentist?
There are many instances in which a restorative dentist can be beneficial. For example, this type of treatment is necessary if you:
- Have missing teeth
- Have old dental restorations that have become cracked or damaged
- Need to rebuild your smile from start to finish
Restorative Treatments Available at Our Practice
At Wyse Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer a number of restorative treatments. These include:
- Dental implants: Currently boasted as the most successful and longest-lasting teeth replacement option, dental implants are small titanium posts placed into the jaw. Implants mimic natural teeth roots, therefore preserving existing bone structure and preventing bone degradation in the future. Our doctors work alongside a trusted oral surgeon or periodontist during the surgical phase and complete your treatment by fabricating a custom restoration for a natural-looking smile. They can also conduct a bone grafting procedure to boost the candidacy of patients who may not otherwise qualify.
- Dentures: When you are missing teeth, the health and function of your smile are affected as well as your appearance. Cost-effective and lifelike, full or partial dentures can restore your smile and your oral health.
- Bridges: Patients who are missing one to three teeth in a row can restore their smile with a traditional dental bridge. This custom-made restoration consists of artificial teeth, known as pontics, attached to two dental crowns. The crowns are supported by the natural teeth on either side of the space, while the pontics fill in the gap. The result is a fully-functional, aesthetically pleasing smile.
Dr. Wyse and Chrisman regularly attend continuing education courses and seminars to learn about cutting-edge technologies and methods.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Small cavities can be repaired with dental fillings. We provide composite fillings, which are tooth-colored for a seamless smile.
- Dental crowns: If a cavity is too large for a dental filling, or if a tooth has a significant fracture, a dental crown may be necessary to repair the damage. These tooth-shaped restorations are custom-made to fit over the entire tooth structure, restoring your bite function and your smile. While crowns can be made from an array of materials, including metal, most patients choose a tooth-colored option for a lifelike appearance.
- Root canal therapy: When oral bacteria reaches the roots of a tooth, root canal therapy is required to address the problem. During this treatment, the infected tissues inside the tooth are removed, and the canals and pulp chamber are filled. Finally, the tooth is sealed with a filling. We often place a crown as well if extensive damage affected the stability of the tooth.
- Gum Grafting: Advanced periodontal disease can cause the gums to pull away from the teeth, leaving the roots exposed and causing sensitivity. Gum recession can also be caused by brushing too hard or using a toothbrush with stiff bristles. Your doctor may recommend a gum graft to restore the delicate soft tissue.
Why Choose Wyse Family & Cosmetic Dentistry?
When it comes to dental providers, we understand you have many options. While most dental offices offer restorative treatments, few can compete with the education, skill, and knowledge of our doctors.
Dr. Wyse and Chrisman regularly attend continuing education courses and seminars to learn about cutting-edge technologies and methods. In fact, Dr. Chrisman is one of only 250 dentists accredited by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Therefore, when you choose our practice, rest assured your restorations will not only be functional, they will look beautiful and lifelike as well.
At Wyse Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we utilize the most advanced technologies available, including digital x-rays, intraoral cameras, and digital impressions. These innovations allow your doctor to offer an accurate diagnosis and comfortable treatment.
Schedule an Appointment Today
If you have missing, decayed, or damaged teeth, a restorative treatment can repair your smile and improve your oral health for years to come. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation, contact us online or call us at (309) 663-6393.