Comprehensive Family Dentistry Services for the Whole Family
Dr. David Wyse and Dr. Jay Chrisman are able to deliver a wide range of comprehensive family dentistry services, such as oral exams, cleanings, and x-rays at our Bloomington, IL, practice. Providing services for patients of all ages all under the same roof makes dental care as convenient as possible for the entire family. In addition to our personable staff and comfortable, child-friendly environment, we strive to provide the highest quality care. Our office provides a family-oriented atmosphere with a friendly and experienced staff. We are dedicated to providing personalized service with kindness, comfort, and respect. Our office is fully equipped with the latest tools and advanced technology⏤such as digital x-rays and intraoral imaging⏤to ensure efficient and quality comprehensive care.
What is Family Dentistry?
Family dentistry is designed to provide general oral healthcare services. At Wyse Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we are fully equipped to treat young children, senior adults, and everyone in between. Because we can treat everyone in the family, we are a convenient, one-stop-shop.
By providing dental care for your children from a very young age throughout their teen and young adult years, we can keep detailed files on their oral development and ensure they receive the best care possible. Studies have shown that children who receive regular dental care are more likely to continue practicing good oral hygiene into their adult years and are less likely to develop fears and phobia about visiting the dentist.
Similarly, our office is well-equipped to handle the needs of our senior patients. We care for our senior patients with patience and understanding. In addition to providing routine exams and cleanings, we can provide restorative dentistry solutions for patients in need of dentures, bridges, or crowns.
Family Dentistry Services Provided at Our Practice
At Wyse Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we provide comprehensive dental services:
- Oral exams and digital x-rays: During your oral exam, we will use digital imaging to take x-rays of your teeth, gums, and jawbone structure to determine the state of your oral health. Compared to traditional x-rays, digital images provide higher quality results and produce 80⎼90% less radiation, making them a safer alternative. Your doctor will also use special instruments to examine each tooth, looking for any signs of tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Teeth cleaning: One of our highly skilled hygienists will remove plaque buildup from the surface of your teeth and gum line and use a high-powered polisher and abrasive paste to clean your teeth. After gently flossing your teeth and gums, she can also provide fluoride treatment to strengthen your enamel and prevent tooth decay from developing. If any cavities are detected, Dr. Wyse or Dr. Chrisman can provide a tooth-colored filling during your exam or at a later follow-up appointment.
- Patient education: Good oral hygiene is critical to maintaining a healthy and beautiful smile. Dr. Wyse and Dr. Chrisman are passionate about instructing patients at a very young age on correct brushing and flossing technique, teeth-brushing frequency, and the importance of visiting the dentist for routine exams.
We are fully equipped to treat young children, senior adults, and everyone in between.
- Invisalign®: These virtually invisible aligner trays provide a convenient solution to helping both teens and adults achieve a straighter smile. We will use our iTero™ Digital Impressions Scanner to take an impression of your smile for a dental lab to use in designing your trays. Each tray will be worn for two weeks before moving on to the next tray in the series. As an added benefit, these trays can be easily removed for brushing and cleaning, allowing patients to enjoy their favorite foods and reducing the risk for post-orthodontic cavities.
- Mouthguards: For children and teens who play contact sports, we highly recommend a professionally crafted dental mouthguard. These protective devices are custom-made for our patients and offer many more benefits than mouthguards purchased at a local drugstore. We are proud to provide Under Armour® Performance Mouthwear, powered by ArmourBite® Technology, to protect your teeth and gums.
- Restorative Procedures: For adult patients who are experiencing minimal or extensive tooth loss or damage, we provide a full line of restorative devices and treatments to restore smiles, including dental crowns and bridges, as well as traditional and implant-supported dentures.
Comprehensive Care for the Whole Family
At Wyse Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, we strive to provide quality care to help you enjoy optimal dental health and a beautiful smile. To schedule a dental exam for each member of your family, call our office at (309) 663-6393 or contact us online today. We would love the opportunity to meet you and show you how our care can serve all the members of your family. Read our patient reviews to learn why so many families trust their smiles to Wyse Family & Cosmetic Dentistry.