Enjoy a Beautiful Smile with Teeth Straightening Treatment
If crooked, uneven teeth have you feeling like you need to hide your smile, teeth straightening treatment may be able to help. Drs. Jay Chrisman and David Wyse offer a range of treatments to correct alignment issues, including orthodontic and cosmetic dentistry treatments. Cosmetic dentistry treatments can improve the appearance of crooked teeth while also improving the overall aesthetics of the smile. To find out which teeth straightening treatment is right for you, contact our Bloomington, IL practice today.
Teeth Straightening - Patient Options
The right teeth straightening treatment for each patient will depend on his or her specific needs and desired results. Drs. Chrisman and Wyse will discuss your needs and dental health goals to pick the right treatment for you. Some possible teeth straightening treatment options include:
- Instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers: Mild alignment issues may be addressed with porcelain veneers in a treatment known as “instant orthodontics.” Wafer thin, tooth-shaped fabrications, porcelain veneers are designed to cover the front surface of the teeth. Each veneer is crafted to the desired shape, size, and color to mask flaws and improve the overall appearance of the teeth. When used as instant orthodontics, multiple porcelain veneers can be placed to create straight looking teeth in as little as two dental visits.
- Invisalign® treatment: Another teeth straightening treatment option is Invisalign®. Invisalign® provides the benefits of traditional orthodontics without the use of metal braces. With Invisalign® treatment, the teeth are gradually realigned using a series of clear trays. The trays are worn throughout the day and night, but they can be removed while eating and for brushing and flossing.
- Traditional orthodontics: Traditional orthodontics can correct any degree of dental alignment issues, making them a great option for those with severely crooked teeth. Using a bracket and wire system, traditional orthodontics requires regular adjustments. This process can take over 18 months depending on the severity of misalignment.
The Benefits of Teeth Straightening Treatment
There are many benefits patients that have undergone teeth straightening treatment can expect to experience. Whether choosing instant orthodontics, Invisalign®, or traditional orthodontics, patients can expect to enjoy such benefits as:
- Improved aesthetics: Teeth straightening treatments improve the aesthetics of the smile by correcting the appearance of crooked, uneven teeth. With instant orthodontics, porcelain veneers can be used to mask other flaws while also creating a straight smile.
- Improved oral hygiene: Teeth straightening treatments can actually improve oral hygiene. This is because crooked teeth that overlap can be difficult to effectively clean. When the teeth are straightened, it is much easier to properly brush and floss these areas.
- Improved confidence: Patients that have undergone teeth straightening treatment will experience the improved confidence of a beautiful smile.
Schedule an Appointment
Teeth straightening treatment can give you the confidence of a beautiful smile. For more information about your teeth straightening treatment options, we welcome you to schedule an appointment with Drs. Chrisman and Wyse.